Especially at times when I have to get home IMMEDIATELY because I need to review for the upcoming evaluation exam, my time on a jeep seems to run forever. My mom and dad won't let me be in a dorm because they think:
- I can commute from home to school and back
- Mas magastos daw mag dorm
- "Alam mo bang mas masarap humiga sa sariling kwarto at kama mo"
- I won't be able to study well because mapapabarkada daw ako
- I would get pregnant, uso daw kasi un sa mga naka dorm
- I would get robbed, di daw safe kahit saan
- Who would cook my food? Baka daw kung saan-saan na ako kumain
- Laundry will be a problem
- I would do drugs, smoke and die
- I would snap, be crazy, eat my books & transcription then die.
It is an endless explanation to my parents why I need to stay in a dorm. It's not that I don't want to go home and sleep in my own bed, I just need extra time to study. Commuting is such a hassle, even having a car would be a hassle because I have to think about gas, maintenance, tires, etc. I don't know what else to say. You see, I don't have to complain because they still give me the things I need at pinapaaral nila ako. So I guess, I just have to go with their rules, as I have always did for the past 23 years. Thank you for your time reading. ;)