Monday, January 21, 2013

MAYBELLINE Clear Smooth Shine Free Cake Powder

As an exchange gift last Chistmas season, I received Maybelline goodies. One Baby Lips lipbalm and Clear Smooth Shine Free Cake Powder. And for this post, I'll be telling you why I love the Clear Smooth Powder. But first, let me tell you a little about how I discovered this product. Few months ago, I've been noticing Agatha's little pressed powder that she uses before heading back to class after lunchtime. I asked her about it and she told me that it's just a refill because the packaging was pricey. She let me try it even if it's in the color HONEY which is a bit darker for me (gave me an instant tan when I used it), anyway I still loved it. My first impression, it gives a medium coverage. Thus making you pores and blemishes less noticeable, great right? Here's the refill I've been talking about which costs 149pesos. You can check out the price at any supermarket or drugstore.


I was kinda hesistant to buy my own because my skin is used to having Clean and Clear Foundation. I have been loving it for ages because it didn't cause me any problems like breakouts and it can keep me oil free for a few hours. The thing about my Clean and Clear powder is that it only provides a sheer cover. Oh well, because it's only a pressed powder and not a cake powder or a foundation. With the Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Cake Powder, I get medium coverage and it keeps me oil free. Here's a swatch of the Nude beige.
Here are the things it promises to give:
*All day shine control
*UV protection = SPF 25 PA++
*Fairer skin
*Conceals
*Long wear
*Smoothes
*Evens
*Non comedogenic
*Gentle on skin
Ok so I couldn't disagree to those things because I have tried it. As an exchange gift, I received one in the color Nude Beige. It's because Agatha told me that Honey is a bit dark for me and the nude beige is a shade lighter than Honey. This one kept me shine free up to 4hours, that's a huge plus because I really have an active oil glands all over my face. Another thing is that, people notice that my face look smoother and even with this product. Here's a shot of before and after application.
So you be the judge if it has achieved what it promises. Here's a shot 5 HOURS after application without retouch. I love it. There's a bit shine on the T-zone but all in all it stays put. There is nothing that I would dislike in this product. Another thing is that, even it is just a refill, it is provided with a sponge. Handy right?
Have you tried this product? I really love it, I hope it doesn't give me skin problems like pimples or acne. Tell me what do you think about it in the comment box below. Thank you for reading and till next time. :)

4 comments:

  1. I was contemplating getting this at the super market the other day. Is 149pesos a lot? In America this isn't very expensive. They also don't sell refills for them...hmm. Anyway its nice to know this has a bit of coverage to it since i'm all about a powder with a bit of coverage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I have read in your blog posts, yup you indeed love powder with a high cover power.. 149pesos is around 4 or 5 dollars.. I'm contented with the refill, I love it actually! ;)

      Delete
  2. I also bought the refill kasi I'm not sure if it will work for me. At least diba kung hindi nagwork edi okay lang hindi ganun kalaki yung investment :) then I just buy the compact once I hit pan.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...