Monday, June 4, 2012

Binatog

I love this snack and I don't even know how to describe it. It's delicious! And we usually buy this at a vendor riding a bike with a 2 pails on the back ringing the bell and yelling binatooooooog!
Pardon the things below the glass table. I asked mom how these are made.
*Corns kernels are removed from the cob and then hard boiled
*After sometime, they add some flour just to have a sticky consistency
*They add a bit of sugar for flavoring
*Before serving it, they add some shredded coconut
*In our case, we also add condensed milk
She said that when she was a kid, people would bring sacks of different fruits and vegetable to lolo and then lola will do some sweets that all of them 6 kids will enjoy. Whenever I hear a bell across our street, I ask mom to shout binatoooooog! Just so I can have my own sweet! You should also try it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...