Monday, May 7, 2012

Starting on Pathology

Since I hadn't open a book for a week because I've been going out a lot for almost a week, I decided to read about Pathology. Pathology is the study of cells alteration in relation to disease. I've started chapter 1 last night and I'm quite getting it easier because we had a preparation by Doc Kent during our Histology class during our first year as med student. Terms like:
*Hypertrophy - increase in cell size
*Hyperplasia - increase in cell number
*Atrophy - decrease in cell size


These terms are easier to grasp because of that preparation we had and I'm very thankful for that. I'm going to try to finish as much chapters I can within this week. Anyway, I love how books remind me of how being a student is hard and how it will also remind you that goals that are met makes the hardships worthwhile. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...