Sunday, April 29, 2012

Milk Tea Battle

I love tea! Milk tea and iced tea except for green tea *tastes like grass for me.*  And I've loved it ever since I have stopped drinking softdrinks / soda. I have read in some articles that tea is good for the heart but adding milk on it negates the effect of tea. The black tea which is really beneficial for the heart, shouldn't be added with milk. In my opinion, I love the taste of milk tea or just even iced tea and I feel healthy whenever I drink one. Anyway, let's move on to the comparisons of the milk teas I've tried.


Let's start with ZENTEA. I first knew about it because my classmate brought one and asked me to have a taste. After that, I had to get one for my own! Their store is located infront of the Gate 1 of De La Salle University Dasmarinas.  When I got there, the environment was full of students smoking, I don't like it at all. I can barely breath when I went inside. I ordered NAICHA, 55pesos for a large size. I was so glad that the taste of the tea was not affected by the smoke of cigarettes. The travel from our school to that place was worth it because the taste is so refreshing, I want to take 5 more large orders of naicha. I'm so glad that they loved it as much as I did. And we all have the same comment about the place *coughs.*
Place: 4/10
Taste: 10/10
Affordability: 8/10



The next milk tea is from SAIBACHI. I first saw it at Festival Mall Alabang at the Second Floor while I'm trying to find something new to eat. They are selling Takoyakis and Milk Teas. The store looks actually like a small stall from Japan and the smell of freshly cooked Takoyaki was really inviting! So I asked Alvin if we could try the Takoyaki and the Milk tea. I bought a large sized CARAMEL milk tea for 45pesos and he bought TOFFEE milk tea for the same size and price. And yeah! It was really great (hands down) and I'm so glad I tried Saibachi's milk tea. As for the Takoyaki, yummy! I had 1 order which is 3 pieces of takoyaki, and after I eat the 2 pieces Alvin bought his own order of takoyaki. So moving on!
Place: 8/10
Taste: 9/10
Affordability: 8/10


The next one is BUBBATEALICIOUS. I first tried it because Alvin bought me one for the sole reason that I love trying out new kinds of milk tea. Their stall (just a small one) is located at the Upper Ground floor of SM Megamall near the Supermarket. The stall was cute with bright green and yellow colors and looks definitely Pinoy. I even inquired a franchise for this so I could have 1 stall at SM Dasmarinas. Anyway, I ordered a medium sized CARAMEL milk tea for 55 pesos. For that price, it was quite good! I also loved the tapioca because it is chewy as I love it! I thought that people won't be noticing this small stall of Bubbatealicious but as I leave SM Megamall, I noticed a bunch of guys in office attire drinking a large sized Bubbatealicious. They would be a great set of endorsers for this Milk tea!
Place: 8/10
Taste: 8/10
Affordability: 8/10


Moving on, we have the BUBBLE TEA. Yes, indeed it sounds like the previous one. Anyway, there store is located at the Lower Ground Floor of SM Megamall. I was actually craving for some coffee that day but I don't want to spend too much on just a cup, so I ended up here looking at the milk teas choices available. Lucky me, I found a COFFEE milk tea! When I entered the store, the staff greeted me "konnichiwa" which is a Japanese word for Good Afternoon. So I presumed that the store is somewhat like a Japanese type (I have no idea about the store when I saw it.) The ambience is so nice ang quiet and just so lovely. You'll definitely get comfortable almost instantly. A waitress offered me a menu of the kinds of milk tea and woah! The prices are kinda expensive (for me) maybe because I've always enjoyed good tasting with affordable prices. Since I'm already at the store *sitting pretty* I ordered the medium sized Coffee milk tea for more than a hundred! Sorry, but I'm really stingy with these kinds of stuff. The coffee flavor was blended perfectly with the milk tea. That's why when you drink it, it tastes like a normal milk tea but you can definitely taste the coffee in it. Anyway, I think it was worth it because it tastes really good maybe a bit better than the ones I've tried. (I just got this picture on the internet.)
Place: 10/10
Taste: 10/10
Affordability: 6/10


Next one on my list is the INFINITEA. Yeah, it sounds like another brand or milk tea, I know. I first saw this when we were about to eat at Sbarro which is beside Kenny Rogers and infront of the stall of Infinitea. In short, their stall is located at the Second Floor of Festival Mall in Alabang. So I asked Alvin if we could try this one as our drink before we have our lunch. I ordered a large sized CARAMEL milk tea for 80pesos. And yeah! It tastes really good and as Alvin described it "it's like the popcorn with melted caramel on it." I also think that the caramel in this milk tea is more distinct than the ones I've tried. I think, for the milk tea lovers who wanted to try something new or affordable and having the taste of a great quality milk tea. I've been buying this tea for a couple of times now.
Place: 8/10
Taste: 10/10
Affordability: 7/10


The newest one I've tasted is the CHOWKING NAICHA. Any Chowking branch will have this one, check it. Again, Alvin is the first one who saw this and invited me to taste it because he wanted one for himself too. Anyway, I don't have to talk about the place because most of us have been into a Chowking branch and it's pretty much the same. For a one size milk tea drink (which is definitely a small one) it costs 35pesos. When it was first served to us, the milk was at the bottom of the cup together with the tapioca and the tea was settled just on top of it. So, you have to shake it before drinking or you won't be able to enjoy milk tea normally. The thing I don't like about it is the tapioca on our drink is far from being chewy, it's kinda hard to bite for a normal tapoica. Anyway, all in all, I would still recommend this if ever you wanted an alternative drink to your meal at chowking.
Place: 8/10
Taste: 7/10
Affordability: 9/10


The Last one is the LIPTON milk tea. It comes in a box of 5 sachets of 15g each. And for me it's very convenient especially when I'm suddenly craving for milk tea but I don't want to go out and buy just a milk tea. It costs around 40pesos I think. The taste was just fine. I thought that I need to add some sugar to sweetened but it was all good and I like it just the way it is. Besides, it comes in powder form so it's either you have it hot or cold.
Taste: 7/10
Affordability: 8/10

I'm looking forward to trying out other milk tea in the market like Chatime, Serenitea, GongCha and many more. 

2 comments:

  1. Couz! try milk tea at tea-friffic. they're awesome! un plng ung milk tea n ngustuhan ko(3plng ksi nabibilan ko nun chowking, Zagu and Teariffic) ... ung s chowking d ko naappreciate. s zagu same thing... I didn't like the taste. ..nadadala ksi ako lols! mas masarap p ung homemade n milktea ko(hahaha...4 me xempre XD)chaka mura na.... UNLI pa,,, ahaha anyway ung tea-riffic d best for me....try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tearrific? saan un?? masarap din ung milk tea sa frapperific.. ;))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...